So last night, the Czech Republic faced an explosion across the street from The National Theatre!
The explosion was caused by a gas leak in the building that housed the FAMU film school, and about 40 people were injured by flying glass. No fatalities were reported.
The FAMU school building itself is important!! When the Nazi takeover happened in Prague, the Nazis took the school as a means to create propoganda. Risking their lives, a group of underground film makers created anti-war anti-Nazi films in the confines of the film school in attempt to rail against the opressors and ultimately save the lives of the oppressed Czech people.
The building will now have to undergo some SERIOUS rebuilding and renovation.
:A view from the window of the film school, from Jenny Christine's facebook:
My intern studied at the school in the Fall of last year, and our hearts go out to everyone affected by the explosion. Apparently, the school is a revered film school, and we thank baby HayZoos that none of her professors or friends were injured!!